Hundreds of satified customers
Working with both side to completion
One Step Ahead
Need Advice About Your Party Wall?
Want to Hire an Honest and Experienced Party Wall Surveyor?
To many people, the whole idea of dealing with party wall issues is convoluted and consequently difficult. As seasoned party wall surveyors, we make sure that every step of the party wall process is quick, easy, and, most of all, clear. There are no hidden costs, charges, etc.
As a leading Party Wall Service, we use our years of industry experience to provide party wall advice to all parties who are involved.
Our team is experienced in a myriad of issues, which is why, regardless of the project, we can help.
Whether it is domestic extensions or perhaps a large commercial development project, our advice is meant to help clients in the best possible way.
Whether you are the owner of the building or are in charge of carrying out construction work, we offer the following
Party Wall Act related services:
- Our experts can help to identify which properties within the vicinity falls under the scope of the Party Wall Act.
- We can also serve the required party wall notices if you need us to.
- Our team can also prepare a party wall agreement or party wall award.
- Our team produces a detailed account of the overall condition of the neighboring properties.
- It is an important step because it ensures you are not held responsible for any defects or damage which was not caused by your work.
We can also help you if your neighbor is carrying out construction or renovation work with:
- Giving you advice along the lines of the Party Wall Act
- We make sure that all the required paperwork is in order to minimize any damage to the property.
- We will also monitor the ongoing building work and be quick to point out any damage that’s done to your property.
- It is worth noting that under the Party Wall Act, the developer is liable to pay our fees, which is on your behalf.
Fully Accredited and Certified Party Wall Services
Our service is directly regulated by the RICS or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. We are also FWPS (the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors) members.
That’s why you can be assured that our team adheres to the highest standards of professionalism and party wall advice.
As the leading party wall surveyors, you can expect only the best from us.
Types of Work We Can Help You With
Homeowners or project managers will need our Party Wall Surveyor services if they are carrying out the following types of work:
Building a Boundary Line Extension
If the excavations are going to be anywhere around 3 meters of the boundary at a depth that is more than the foundations of the neighbor’s property
Rebuilding or any demolition of the garden walls
The Removal of A Chimney
When load-bearing beams are inserted
Raising the party wall’s height
Chimney breast removal
Cutting projects off from the home’s party wall
The underpinning of the party wall
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 covers 3 unique forms of job; alterations to gathering structures (generally wall structures but might additionally be floors), the construction of brand-new wall structures at the border as well as excavation shut to adjoining buildings.
These are actually some normal examples of work that is actually likely to be actually dealt with by the Act:
- Reducing beam of lights in to a party wall as portion of a loft conversion
- Removing fireplace busts that are actually fastened to a party wall
- Digging deep into for the bases to a new expansion within 3m of a neighbouring or mutual construct
- Deriving a party wall to help with a basement expansion
Where job drops within the extent of the Act it is actually needed for a building owner to provide notice as well as acquire the impacted adjoining proprietor’s authorization; if that permission is actually not future the gatherings are considered to become ‘in disagreement’ under the Act as well as land surveyors have to be designated to ensure the conflict could be resolved through way of a Party Wall Arrangement (actually referred to as an ‘Honor’).
If both assigned surveyors neglect to concur upon some of the issues in disagreement they may bring in a reference to a previously selected Third Property surveyor.
At Faulkners Surveyors we possess a 12 tough crew of experienced party wall surveyors, assistant land surveyors and also expert party wall supervisors to assist ensure that everything manages smoothly.
Our team cover the whole of the inner M25 location from our system of Greater london workplaces therefore if you are considering on endeavor job that falls within the scope of the Act or even have actually obtained a notification educating you of suggested works that might impact your residential or commercial property you are quite appreciated to contact our team for some suggestions.
Party Wall Summary
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 covers three distinct types of work. alterations to party structures, construction of new walls at the boundary and excavation. Building owners must serve notice and obtain adjoining owner’s consent. At Faulkners Surveyors we have a 12 strong team of experienced party wall surveyors, assistant surveyors and specialist party wall administrators.
three steps to success
We Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
Get Free Initial Advice
Many homeowners, unfortunately, are not aware of the Party Wall Act of 1996, which requires that Building Owners serve the required notices to their neighbors before carrying out the following type of work:
- Building anything up to or on the boundary line
- Carrying out any works to the structure or the wall itself
- Any excavation work that’s going to be carried out very near the neighbor’s property
As the project owner or the building owner, you have a couple of duties and rights that need to be understood and undertaken before such works can be carried out to protect the rights of Adjoining Owners.
As your Party Wall Surveyor, it is our duty to examine all the proposed works and then ensure that they are properly designed, executed, and completed in a manner that does not cause any damage to the neighbor’s property.
However, in the unlikely event that damage does occur, we will help award damages to the property owner, i.e., adjoining property owners since they are protected.
It is important to understand that the UK’s Party Wall Act grants rights of access to the party wal surveyors of both property owners. Doing this allows for surveyors from both sides to carry out the needed inspections.
If you have a question about our Party Wall Surveyor service or need to consult before hiring us, then call us today to schedule an appointment.