Faulkners Surveyors is a reliable and professional firm of party wall surveyors in Deeside, specialising in all party wall matters in Deeside and the Home Counties. The business was founded in 2010 with the coming together of 3 independent skilled Surveyors who specialise in this niché area of surveying.

Party wall Deeside matters

Party Wall

This details just applies in England and Wales.


You’ll require a party wall agreement for repairs if you’re a residential or commercial property owner who has concurred minor repair works with a neighbour of a shared border. For more extensive works, you’ll need to serve a party wall notice.

What is the legal background to party walls?

The Party Wall Act applies to a lot of work performed to party walls. If it applies, it means that you will have to serve notice of the proposed works on your neighbour( s) and, if they do not grant the work, you’ll need to select a surveyor to prepare a Party Wall Award.

However, if works to the party wall are so small, that service of notification under the Act is not essential (eg simple repair work, such as replastering, or cutting into the party wall to change or include recessed electrical wiring and sockets) you can use a simple Party Wall Agreement to record the work to be undertaken.

What is a party wall?

The term “party wall” consists of the following:

What works are covered by the Party Wall Act?

Kinds of notice.

When do you need to serve notice?

If your works are governed by the Party Wall Act, you’ll require to serve a party wall notice on every neighbouring home impacted at least 2 months prior to the works start. You can take up to a year to begin work once notification has been served.

If you start work without having actually first notified in the appropriate way, your neighbours may seek to stop your work through a court injunction or seek other legal redress.

What takes place after you serve notice?

As soon as observe about desired work is served, your neighbour might either:.

If, after a duration of 14 days from the service of your notice, the individual receiving the notice has done nothing, a conflict is considered having actually occurred. Any conflicts will be handled by a property surveyor.

When do you need a party wall agreement or award?

You’ll need a party wall agreement if you’re going to carry out construction or alterations which involve:

For additional information, see the Department for Communities and City Government (Guidance for carrying out building work under the Party Wall Act 1996).

Current Weather at Deeside

Related Articles

Learn More about Party Wall

A party wall (occasionally parti-wall or parting wall, also known as common wall or as a demising wall) is a dividing partition between two adjoining buildings that is shared by the occupants of each residence or business. Typically, the builder lays the wall along a property line dividing two terraced houses, so that one half of the wall’s thickness lies on each side. This type of wall is usually structural. Party walls can also be formed by two abutting walls built at different times. The term can be also used to describe a division between separate units within a multi-unit apartment complex. Very often the wall in this case is non-structural but designed to meet established criteria for sound and/or fire protection, i.e. a firewall.

Our Office Location in Deeside

Our Youtube Videos

Follow us on Social Medias

Around The Web