Faulkners Surveyors Basildon

If you’re planning to undertake construction work on a shared boundary with your neighbour, you might need a party wall agreement.

It’s a legal document that outlines the responsibilities and rights of both parties involved in the construction process.


Party Wall Services in Basildon

When it comes to party walls, there are a lot of questions that arise. One of the most common questions is whether or not your neighbour in Basildon can drill into the party wall. The answer to this question depends on a variety of factors, and it’s important to understand the laws and regulations surrounding party walls before making any decisions.

What is a Party Wall?

A party wall is a shared wall between two properties in Basildon that separates them. It is usually built along the boundary line between two properties and can be either an external wall or an internal wall within a building. The purpose of a party wall is to provide structural support for both properties and prevent damage from occurring due to vibrations or other disturbances from one property affecting the other.

Can My Neighbour Drill Into the Party Wall?

The short answer is no, your neighbour cannot drill into the party wall without permission from you as well as permission from your local authority. This is because drilling into the party wall could cause structural damage to both properties, which could lead to costly repairs down the line.

In order for your neighbour to legally drill into the party wall, they must first obtain written consent from you as well as permission from your local authority. If you do not give consent, then your neighbour will need to apply for an official Party Wall Award from a qualified surveyor in order to proceed with their plans.

How Do I Get Permission From My Local Authority?

If you decide that you are willing to allow your neighbour to drill into the party wall, then they will need to apply for permission from your local authority in order for their plans to be approved. This process involves submitting detailed plans outlining exactly what work will be done and how it will affect both properties. Your local authority will then review these plans and make sure that they meet all necessary safety requirements before granting approval.

What if I Don’t Agree With My Neighbour’s Plans?

If you don’t agree with your neighbour’s plans for drilling into the party wall, then you have several options available to you. You can try negotiating with them directly in order to come up with an agreement that works for both parties, or you can hire a qualified surveyor who specialises in Party Wall matters in Basildon in order to help resolve any disputes that may arise between yourself and your neighbour.